Sunday, August 23, 2009

Hi Baby...

To my dearest babylove,

We had such a good time at your party yesterday. Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you, all that you've taught us, and how well everyone learned your lessons. We had pretty balloons and lots of sunshine, and we sang your favorite song, "Close to You," because Grandma Sherrie reminded us how much you love music.

Uncle Channing took a beautiful picture of your balloon being set free, and now, I get to look at it and see you whenever I want to.

Auntie Edie, Auntie Ariel, and Auntie Andrea helped Mommy to remember how good it felt to laugh and think about you at the same time, because you've only ever made Mommy happy.

Uncle Jim helped Grandma Sherrie so much by giving her an arm to hold and a tower of strength to lean on.

Tia Anabella and Tia Claudia were there with Abuela to support Daddy and, in their faces, Mommy was reminded again and again what a beautiful boy you are.

Tia Clau, Uncle Pete, Tia Carolina, Tio Carlos, Tia Lidia, Tia Edith, and Uncle Greg brought their love and smiles, from up close and far away.

Mommy made special promises to Calvin, Lucy, David, Julia, Oliver, Emma, Faye, Audrey, Ellie, Sofia, Amaya, and Ivy from you to them. You know what those promises are.

And, maybe most importantly, Daddy made you the the world's coolest spaceship. We hope you're in it right now, on your way to see greater things and live higher heights than we could ever imagine.

Promise Mommy you're having a good time, and that you're OK. If you ever need Mommy, all you have to do is say so, and I'll come runnin'...

I can't wait to see you again, my best precious.

To my heart and from my heart,

Mommy

10 comments:

  1. Rafa,
    Your mommy's letter is so beautiful. We were so glad to read it. We aspire to be the kind of parents that your parents are. We are forever changed by your presence in our lives. And theirs. Love, Margaret and Josh

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful letter. Thinking of you.

    Ashley
    fellow CDH angel mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad we could be there on such an important and meaningful day. We're still with you and with your babylove.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are tears in my eyes, and love for you and yours in my heart. Thinking of you, wishing I could have been there, hoping to see you soon. xoxo,d

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love you so much and will always be here for you. Anabella and abuelita Celia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful, strong boy. I am thinking of all of you!
    C.O.L.E. Prayer Team
    www.colesfoundation.com
    Emily Mason

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made you something- see- www.skybabies.blogspot.com. Hope you like it.

    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just wanted to say I have you in our prayers. Your letter to Rafa is beautiful

    ReplyDelete